I’m going to brew this next weekend and hopefully be drinking it by the beginning of summer. During last year’s attempt the fermentation stalled out and it took about 2 months to finish in primary! Yikes. I made some changes to this years version of Sacred Saison. I nixed the Candi Sugar (which I have learned is pointless in almost any beer) and added some Acidulated malt for a little extra tartness (although I may need to up that to 8 oz.) I also decreased the Coriander considerably (don’t want it to taste like hot dogs) and switched from the bitter orange peel to the sweet which I’ve heard is better in Saisons.
German Pils – 7 lbs.
German Wheat – 3 lbs.
Belgian Special Aromatic 4 oz.
Acidulated – 4 oz.
Willamette – 1 oz. (60)
German Hallertauer Hersbrucker – 1 oz. (15)
German Hallertauer Hersbrucker – 1 oz. (end)
Sweet Orange Peel – .25 oz. (15)
Sweet Orange Peel – .25 oz. (end)
Coriander – .25 oz. (end)
Wyeast Belgian Saison Yeast